Thursday, May 8, 2014

What is Pixie Dust and Where Can I Find Some?


A huge part of this blog is about these two words: pixie and dust! Together, I think they have a nice ring to them: pixie dust! It sounds adorable, yes, but the meaning behind these two words in conjunction is something special. Let's explore the idea of what pixie dust is and means, shall we?!

My first introduction to the phrase "pixie dust" was in Walt Disney's 1953 animated classic "Peter Pan" along with J.M. Barrie's book, "Peter Pan." Tinkerbell, the sassy fairy, had this glimmering dust, which allowed her to fly. Others who were granted this dust also had the ability to fly.

"All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust." Peter Pan

This glittery dust was sparkly and golden. It was beautiful, sure, but it was small. It is dust, after all. I've thought long and hard about pixie dust. I've wished for this fictional dust on more than one occasion. Times when I've felt sad or uninspired. I thought it was really special that such a small fairy could hold all this power in her. Why couldn't I have some pixie dust? I surely needed it.

However, as I've grown, I've realized we all have the ability to share pixie dust with others. Maybe not in the form of gold dust, but in the form of kind words and thoughts. The pixie dust I have received from family, friends, Cast Members in the Disney Parks, or the online Disney community makes me feel special, just as Wendy felt when she had the ability to fly. She was able to forget all her cares and fly away with Peter Pan over clouds in the dark of night.

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!" Peter Pan

Pixie dust creates memories- moments that truly do last a lifetime. Disney has sprinkled this pixie dust on me, and therefore, I feel I need to share it with others.

I want to remind you all that: "To live will be an awfully big adventure." Life is special.

So the next time you wonder where you can get some pixie dust, just look around. Pixie dust is in a smile form a stranger, in a kind gesture, in looking for the good in others.

I know Peter would say "girls talk too much," or maybe even *think* too much, and maybe I am reading into the idea of pixie dust too much. In my heart, though, I truly believe Disney has created pixie dust for all who believe in it and it's power.

I have one plea for you all: don't doubt you can fly. Pan warned us "the moment you doubt" it is "the moment you forever cease to be able to do it."

You can fly, and you can soar. Pixie dust will forever be the heart of my blog because it allows us to soar to unimaginable heights. Let's take flight together.

Pixie Dust Forever, 
The Pixie Dust Princess



No comments:

Post a Comment